Click Image for Larger Map
Back to About Us1. The Committee shall be responsible for the management and running of the Society’s affairs.
2. The Committee shall comprise the offices of Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer and other full members voted on to the Committee in a supporting role.
3. Committee meetings will be quorate when five members are present. No decisions can be reached unless the meeting is quorate.
4. The Committee will meet approximately every two months to carry out Society business.
Rules and Regulations of the Society
1. Classes of membership will be:
Family – Up to 2 adults and 3 children aged 18 or under
Junior - when accompanying a paying adult
Student (under 21) – valid student card must be shown
2. Applicants must include the full annual membership fee with their application.
3. The Committee shall be responsible for the expulsion of any Society members, found to have acted inappropriately.
4. Any member expelled shall not be admitted to any future Society meetings or social events.
1. Each member or family shall pay an annual membership fee as set at the Annual General Meeting.
2. Annual membership fees are due on 31st March each year and should be paid to the Treasurer. Cheques should be made payable to ESRAS.
3. Any existing member who has not renewed their membership by the end of
the May meeting shall be deemed to have left the Society.
1. The Treasurer shall keep accounts and other records to show true evidence of the Society’s finances.
2. The Treasurer shall maintain a bank account in the name of ESRAS.
3. Monies collected by and on behalf of the Society shall be paid to the Treasurer as soon as possible with details of how they are made up. All money received by the Treasurer shall be paid into the Society’s bank account as soon as possible.
4. All cheques or instructions to the Society’s bank must be signed by the Chairperson, Treasurer and or the Secretary.
5. Payments shall only be made on production of receipts for out of pocket expenses, e.g. refreshments, raffle prizes or postage.
6. No officer or member of the Society shall commit the Society to any expenditure or debt without the express-minuted approval of the Committee.
Annual and Special General Meetings
1. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held at the beginning of the April monthly meeting, for the purposes of receiving Annual Reports and electing Officers for the forthcoming year.
2. 28 days notice of the business to be transacted at the Annual General Meeting shall be posted to each full adult member by the Secretary.
3. Full adult members shall give notice of any business to be transacted at the AGM in writing to the Secretary at least 14 days before the meeting.
Annual and Special General Meetings cont’d
4. Only full adult members are eligible to vote, the Chairperson may cast the deciding vote.
5. An Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) can be called at any time by the Committee.
6. An EGM can be requested by members. The request must be in writing to the Secretary; it must specify the purpose of the meeting and be signed by at least 10 full adult members. The EGM shall be convened for the next monthly Society meeting after a period of 21 days from receipt of the request.
7. Seven days notice of the business to be transacted at an EGM will be posted to each full adult member by the Secretary regardless of whether the meeting has been called by the Committee or the membership.
1. The Officers of the Society shall be:
2. All Officers elected from qualifying members, shall hold office until the next AGM when they shall be eligible for re-election.
3. All nominees must have been members of the society for at least one full year, but at the discretion of the Committee there maybe exceptions to this rule.
4. Nominations of a qualifying member for office must be made to the Committee and discussed at the AGM
5. Nominations must be proposed and seconded by qualifying members of the Society.
6. The Committee may fill a vacancy on the Committee by appointing a qualifying member until the next AGM.
7. Each committee member is entitled to 1 vote regardless of whether or not they are family
1. Junior members must be accompanied by a full adult member at all times.
2. Behaviour of Juniors is the responsibility of the accompanying full adult member at all times.
3. At monthly meetings junior members must remain on the premises unless the Society activity is being held outside
4. Junior members will be included in all Society events.
Changes to the Rules and Regulations
1. Any changes to these Rules and Regulations can only be made at the AGM or at an EGM specifically called for that purpose.
Interpretation of the Rules
1. The Committee shall be responsible for the interpretation of these rules and will decide upon any questions not covered in these rules.
Guidelines and Event Guidelines
1. Always respect other club member’s views, opinions and ideas.
2. Any aggressive behaviour or abusive language will not be tolerated, be it at regular monthly meetings or at events.
3. Remember when participating with events you are acting as an ambassador of the Society, so how you behave reflects on ESRAS as a whole.
4. Only full paying members can participate in events.
5. New members are encouraged to purchase E.S.R.A.S. T-shirts to wear when participating in E.S.R.A.S. events. A limited number of T-shirts maybe available on the day to borrow.
6. Only full paying members are covered by E.S.R.A.S. insurance.
7. If you have any grievances then these must be brought to the attention of a Committee member or the Chairperson of the Society, when the issue will be addressed and the appropriate action taken.